We need schools to help the UK meet its battery recycling targets – 25%
of all batteries must be recycled by 2012 and 45% by 2016. Find out what
your school can do here.
We’ll collect batteries from your school for free. Teachers or school
staff can request a collection box or a free collection by using the links to the right.
How are batteries recycled?
Resources for teachers
We’ve put together a ready-made assembly on battery recycling which you can use to introduce the subject to a year group or the whole school. It explains:
- why battery recycling matters
- what happens to batteries collected for recycling
- what the environmental laws are on recycling batteries
We’ve also produced presenter’s notes, so you can deliver your presentation without research or planning beforehand.
To add visual impact, why not bring a few props?:
- waste batteries
- a few household products which contain either disposable or rechargeable batteries such as mobile phones, laptops, game consoles, MP3 players, TV remote controls, alarm clocks, torches
- an ERP battery collection box